As many are digging out of the latest storm, we wanted to share some safety tips with you;
- Start your vehicle a few minutes before you have to drive it. Let the engine warm up, and make sure the windows are free of ice and snow.
- Keep a blanket in your vehicle, and maybe a candle and matches. If you are stranded, it will help to keep you warm.
- When walking – take short shuffling steps in icy areas.
- Do not hurry when exiting your vehicle, step out carefully - bracing yourself on the vehicle seat and door for support.
- Wear boots or overshoes, avoid shoes with leather soles.
- Don’t text and walk (this is good advise regardless of weather conditions)… and definitely do not text while driving (ever).
As a side note, Punxsutawney Phil (as well as Staten Island Chuck) have made their annual appearance on the appropriate day (Groundhog Day) and did NOT see their shadow. Meaning… no shadow, no more winter! Of course it is sited that Phil is only right about 39% of the time!
Enjoy spring, which is surely just around the corner. Remember that United Insurance Agency is a large insurance agency with several divisions trained to help with all of your insurance needs, from Home and Auto Insurance, Life Insurance, insurance for your Business, even Wedding and Event Insurance. Contact our office by clicking here. United Insurance Agency is licensed is many states. United Insurance Agency also specializes in Bed and Breakfast Insurance - visit www.uiabnb.com and Hotel Insurance - visit www.hospitalitymax.com Contact us today for a quote, by calling 1-800-899-0000.